So, it is Tuesday morning. I have been at work for three hours and I haven't done a single ounce of work. I mean that. I haven't billed one single minute. I just cannot get myself to concentrate. And it's not like I don't have any work to do - I have tons to do but yet I continue to sit here. So what do I decide to do??? Blog. That only makes sense right?? Anyways, I received this list as an email last week and I am including my thoughts under each one. I am really into lists these days for some reason - I promise my whole blog will not be comprised of lists:)
1. Clothes that fit the size she is now, not the size she was five years ago
I don't believe in this one entirely. I have clothes in my closet that are the size I was 2 years ago and those babies aren't going anywhere. I feel as though giving those clothes away would be giving up and admitting defeat and I am far from admitting defeat - I will get back in those clothes.
2. A weekly income that covers the rent (or mortgage payment)
I have this one covered. Almost:) I recently started a job where I don't get a salary so my income varies but I think on average I have that one covered.
3. An orgasm.
Check:) 'Nough said.
4. Always enough toilet paper
I have been called a "pee monster." I drink somewhere between 84 and 100 ounces of water every single day and have a bladder the size of a pea (no pun intended). In my world there is never enough toilet paper.
5. A hair stylist she trusts
Check. In fact, I have two of them. One where I live now and one back in Louisville - Oh Jen, how I miss you!
6. A favorite song, porn site, image, movie or fantasy that always gets her in the mood
Hmm, I am so sure about this one...
7. Health insurance
8. A signature drink
Pinot Grigio or Vodka and Diet Tonic with extra lime or a Cosmo. So, I have several signature drinks:)
9. A healthy relationship with her parents
Check! My parents and I get along great. I can't believe how much I miss them sometimes and they only live 3 hours away.
10. Bras in the correct size
11. Enough alcohol in her home to offer drop-by guests a cocktail
Check and check! My husband has our bar fully stocked at all times! I will have to post pictures at some point - it is quite impressive.
12. An emergency hangover remedy
I wish. I get horrible hangovers and the only thing I have found that remotely works is McDonald's french fries and a sprite (not the healthiest option).
13. A voter registration card
Check! I am a registered Democrat and for the most part will vote no other way!
14. A wardrobe that includes the perfectly flattering little black dress, a great pair of heels, jeans that make her ass look great, and a cute hat that hides a bad hair day
I have several black dresses and tons of great heels!!! My ass isn't looking too great in anything these days and I am not big on hats.
15. A yearly appointment with her gynecologist
Check! I have been once a year since I turned 18!!
16. The name of reliable movers to give her friends when they ask for help relocating
Two Men in a Truck - that's all I got:)
17. The gumption to ask a man out
I am pretty sure I have the gumption but I am married so I haven't had the chance to test it out.
18. A group of girlfriends who get it
Unfortunately I don't have a whole group of girlfriends who get it. Fortunately I have a couple great ones who do.
19. A set of tools (and the ability to use them…even if it’s just to hang a piece of art)
My garage is filled with tools and if push came to shove I could use them:) I did work at a hardware school in high school so I am schooled on the subject!
20. A balanced checkbook
We don't balance our checkbooks!! But I check my bank account online multiple times each day. Does that count???
21. No interest in men who just aren’t that into her
I think I have this one covered. Other than Edward Cullen my interest is in my husband and he is very, very into me!!
22. A vacation to look forward to at least once a year
Check! We are leaving for a 7 day Alaskan Cruse in less than 3 weeks!!!!
23. A good bullshit detector
Check! I have figured out that about 90 percent of what people say is bullshit - or at least that is true for my clients anyways.
24. The courage to stand up for herself and her beliefs
Check! I have always been outspoken and proud of it. My mom wouldn't have raised me any other way.
25. A favorite sex position
Check! But I plead the Fifth on the specifics.
26. A set of hand towels so guests don’t have dry their hands on her bath towel (gross!)
Check! I have two sets of nice hand towels - I even have monogrammed ones.
27. Enough self-love to avoid and break off unhealthy friendships and relationships
Sort of check! I recently broke off what I consider a very unhealthy friendship. I am not sure I did it because of self-love though. The motivation more came from not being able to take any more of it and exploding. Oh well, even if my motivation wasn't in the right place it was still a good decision.
28. A commitment to exercise
Check!! I exercise at least 3 times a week. My goal is always to get in 5 workouts but life just gets in the way sometimes. I probably average 4 a week.
29. A retirement fund
Check! I have a funded Roth IRA!!! Yay for me.
30. A great vibrator
So, I haven't quite achieved all of those things yet but I am only 27 so I have a few years!!!